Thursday, November 19, 2015

Better Than Before - Day Four

Egads. As suspected from our very late night out last night, my darling children were CHA-LLENG-ING today. So a rough morning led me to thinking about treats, instantly. Any other day, I would have been lining up at Starbucks for a big latte and a piece of lemon loaf. Or coffee cake. Or a chocolate croissant...

Side note: Although I have managed to eliminate many "fast foods" from my diet, like I haven't been to McDonalds in more than a decade (my kids had no idea who Ronald McDonald was in the Santa Claus Parade) and I have maybe three cans of pop a year, I will still eat factory-made baked goods. Why is that? I can't figure it out.

Anyway, I sidestepped the temptation and got to work. Had a very good day of eating until it was time for Tasty Thursday. This is a weekly tradition at work, where we all take turns bringing in yummy stuff. I told myself that I wasn't going to miss out entirely, but that I should assess the quality of the offerings before making a decision. Well, the store bought croissants were easy to ignore, which left me with baclava or homemade brownie with icing. That brownie was CALLING my name! So I cut off a very small piece. Like 1/4 of what I'd normally take. And then I made myself a cup of coffee, sat down at my desk and enjoyed it. It was good. Not fantastic, but I knew I had the calories within my budget for the day, so that was fine.

Got all my steps in, but no workout today. Used my lunch to go and buy another sports bra. Still have a bunch of calories to use up tonight, since we just had soup for dinner, so I am going to make myself a yummy fruit smoothie with almond milk. I feel like I have to amend my rule about not eating after dinner, because as long as I'm tracking calories and not going over, it should be okay. Years ago, doing ye old Weight Watchers, I ate frozen yogurt every single night (within my points range) and managed to lose a whole bunch of weight. So there.


1 comment:

Crissy said...

holy doodle, Tammy, you are ROCKING THIS. i'm very impressed. And I think modifying the game plan (i.e., eating after dinner) is totally legit. I've found that being overly rigid in the rules is the way to ensure you break 'em.

Also I would've chosen the brownie too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails