Thursday, November 26, 2015

Better Than Before - Day Eleven

Good story from my morning: After a rough night (My children have night terrors. They are not as bad as some of the ones I've read about, but they are as awful as we've experienced, so they feel pretty craptastic.) and a rough morning routine (We woke up late - we were all tired from aforementioned night terrors - and I was stress-y, yell-y mommy, trying to get everyone to MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!), I started my day downtown at an appointment with a physiotherapist that I trust, to get a second opinion on my knee issues and put a plan in motion to fix me up before I fall apart. To get there, I had to get off the streetcar beside the French bakery that makes my favourite cookie in the entire city. I contemplated going off plan and enjoying the gooey greatness. The scales were tipping in favour of the cookie, but then I remembered my rule to not scarf down treats all alone, in secret. That treats should be enjoyed with people I enjoy.

AND I RESISTED! Cue the trumpets. Throw the confetti.

But, a small confession. While we were waiting for our pizza to be delivered (a veggie pizza that I totally accounted for in my food log), I grabbed the very last of my homemade oatmeal cookies and snuck away from my children to eat it. I didn't even remember the rule! Two steps forward, two steps back, and all that...

As usually happens this time of year, I am suddenly very BUSY! Lots of happy, good stuff busy and then an absolute avalanche of work stuff busy. I'm feeling sort of overwhelmed, which is normal for me when I'm at the bottom of the mountain of stuff to do. I'm going to set the alarm for tomorrow, go to work early, and start climbing the mountain, so I feel better.

Sad truth - the gym isn't happening at the moment. There simply aren't enough hours in the day. But I did make my 10,000 steps. And tonight I will do my new and improved knee exercises.


1 comment:

Crissy said...

Night terrors! That is awful.

I think it's totally legit to lessen your gym quota during the busy season, and add that in more as you get settled into your new routine and when things calm down. Start building a manageable amount of change into your life, and then add more as it goes. You don't want to feel like a failure all the time, when the goals are unrealistic. That is my Super Wisdom four weeks into this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails