Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The learnin' is free

I may be a little late in embracing this new form of entertainment, but I am all over free podcasts these days. I finally took the time to peruse the podcast section of iTunes and discovered some very fun things. My personal faves: the Flight of the Conchords video podcasts (I love, love, love them! We have tickets to see them live at Massey Hall in April. Can't wait!), Masterworks Broadway (I can listen to Sondheim talking about how he collaborates with people. That's my idea of a good time.) and This American Life (Always fascinating stories.).

These podcasts are helping to distract me from the horror that is the subway of late. The time passes so quickly and I learn something along the way. For example, when they were mounting Sweeney Todd the first time, they actually bought a factory in Vermont, took it apart and transported it to New York to create the set. That's crazy!

And those are just my interests. I know people who have learned to run using podcasts. And I'm often tempted to learn how to meditate with those podcasts.

Do you have any favourite podcasts to share with me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails