Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm going to start hanging out with Popeye

As I've documented, I love having a trainer. Our sessions are quickly coming to an end and I will miss her. A lot. I am SO much stronger now. This was hammered home to me last night.

You see, there's one exercise that she's been trying to get me to do from the beginning. Here's a visual representation:



It's basically a reverse push-up. You have to pull yourself up.

Well, every time we'd try to do this I would explain to her that I could not do it. I would hang under the smith machine while she implored me to lift myself and I would say, "I'm lifting!" But nothing was moving. We've done this probably 4 times, so it was becoming kind of amusing.

But last night she wanted to try again, so I went along just to appease her. AND I DID THREE OF THEM! Three.

And my muscles looked freaking awesome while I did it!

Nice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails