Friday, February 20, 2009

Who wears short shorts?

I missed my weekly round-up yesterday, because I was babysitting my friend's adorable, hysterical children last night. They are almost 4 and 6 and hanging out with them is often like a fast-paced comedy routine. Every time they say something grown up, like, "You don't want to go there!" or "I can't even talk about it," I laugh hysterically on the inside while trying to maintain a concerned expression on the outside, so they don't feel like I'm dismissing them. They are a hoot!

Anyway, let's get the housekeeping out of the way first.

Spent yesterday: $7-ish, I believe (I'm too comfortable at the moment to get up and find a missing receipt.)
Weekly total: $104.83 (I didn't count what I spent last Friday, which was still in my wallet from the week before.)

Okay, back to today.

After a looooong day and a looooong week (although short technically, it was long spiritually) I welcomed in the weekend by enjoying a coffee date with one of my college roomies, who has just returned to town after an extended stint out east. And on my way home from that, while enjoying that buoyant feeling that a good friend can give, I stopped in at the drugstore.

And spent $50.

What IS it about the drugstore!? I didn't even buy anything super extraneous. And 95% of my purchases were on sale. But I had to buy razors. And let me tell you, readers, I use the ones made for the men folk. Always have and always will. Growing up, that's what my mom used, so she was the first one to buy me a sturdy metal-handled tool to take away all the hair that society says women aren't supposed to have. Oh sure, I've tried the cheap plastic pink things. I've even tried the ones with the dumb built-in soap. Nothing gives me sleeker gams that my beloved Mach 3. And so I pay the price.



I charged the visit. I had to! We also got groceries this evening, so there was no way I could stretch my budget to accommodate both AND the show I'm going to see tomorrow night. (More on that tomorrow!)

Do you drop a bundle at the drugstore? Tell me you do and make me feel better.

Spent today: $45 (Plus the aforementioned splurge.)
Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1700

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Shoppers Drug Mart has vents that distribute crack in the store. You can't go in and JUST buy the one thing that you intend to buy. It is the devil.

Cat London said...

I don't know what it is about the drugstore either. I have never been able to get out of there without spending more than I intended, even if I only buy things that I'm actually out of and only things that are on sale.

Related Posts with Thumbnails