Friday, February 13, 2009

An unexpected evening

This afternoon I got an email from the DP asking if I wanted to accompany him and his work peeps on an outing to see the SYTYCD Canada tour. His boss had an extra ticket. (In case you're just tuning in, hi. This is my blog. My DP works on SYTYCD Canada.) While obviously a very generous and fun offer, it gave me pause. Not that I didn't want to go, but that I didn't plan to go.

I am a capital P Planner. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of planning my time and then following through with my plans. Maybe it's just my birthright as a Virgo. But I have to try to fight against it sometimes, because I'd hate to be considered intractable. Don't we all want to hear others describe us as "easy going?"

So instead of coming home, heading to the gym for some cardio, making some spaghetti and meatballs, watching "Grey's Anatomy" online, writing the DP's Valentine's Day card, skyping with a currently faraway friend and finishing my current guilty pleasure read, I went to see the show.

It was good! Our seats were great. I had a nice time.

But I also missed my planned stuff.

Do I need therapy!?

Spent today: $8.27 (Dinner before the show. But it was all still in my wallet from last week!)
Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1400

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails