Monday, February 2, 2009

And more...

Cheese, please
By that point I had what the DP calls “The Hunger,” so we hightailed it back into the village to find somewhere to eat dinner and discovered the charm that is Whistler Village. It’s a pedestrian village filled with charming alpine-esque architecture. Oh, and Christmas lights in all the trees. It’s so pretty! Now, we’d received plenty of warnings about how expensive Whistler is, so we weren’t surprised to see the prices on the various menus, but we weren’t quite in “spending mode” yet. Thankfully we found a great little Italian place called Caramba that was warm, bustling and not really overpriced. (Oh ya, Whistler was pretty much just as cold as Toronto, which I was NOT expecting!) We inadvertently ordered the all-cheese meal, which became a theme of our vacation dining experience.
After 11 hours of traveling and very little sleep the night before, I was SO ready for bed. In fact, I was out like a light by 9 p.m.

The beauty of buffets
We were concerned that our 8:45 a.m. ski lesson would be too early, but I was WIDE AWAKE before 6:00 a.m. Jet lag worked in our favour! Well, it worked in my favour and the DP had no choice but to get up because I was staring at him. (Why is it so disturbing to have people stare at you while you sleep?) So at 6:55 a.m. we were loitering outside the hotel restaurant, waiting for them to open.
And when the doors finally opened, we were greeted with the most gorgeous site: a luscious, abundant, beautiful buffet.
How can you not love a buffet? And breakfast is my favourite meal to eat in a restaurant, so a breakfast buffet is sort of my idea of heaven. And then hell, after I have overindulged and can hardly breathe. Which is why I was glad we were up so early, because it gave us time to digest before our ski lesson.

Okay, I'm going to try to pick this up, since I am already home and I haven't even filled you guys in on any of the activities yet! Tomorrow I'll post a more concise summary. Promise!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails