Thursday, February 12, 2009

Free prix fixe

In what seemed like a smart budgeting move several weeks ago, I booked a Winterlicious dinner for the DP and I for this evening. My reasoning is that we could have our Valentine's Day dinner two nights early, since tonight is the last night for Winterlicious. (Oh, I just found out that they've extended it from February 16th until February 28th, but tonight was supposed to be the last night.) But as you all know, I have been spending far beyond my budget lately. And frankly, I'm starting to freak out about it a little. But we already had the reservations (and I really wanted the flourless chocolate cake, which was one of the dessert choices).

So off we went to Five Doors North. Dinner was pretty good. Our appetizers were just okay, but our entrees and our desserts were great. (Can I just say baby back ribs!) The restaurant itself is supposed to be sort of shabby chic, I guess, but I thought it was just kind of shabby. The bathroom was sort of gross even. Plus they serve wine in tiny little juice glass, which just doesn't do it for me.

But the important part, in regards to this blog, is that the DP totally treated me! Isn't that sweet? Especially considering that I've been spending, spending, spending while I still owe him a whole bunch of money! I'm a lucky girl.

Spent today: $27-ish
Weekly total: $131.23
Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1400

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails