Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I just wasn't that into it

I didn't get a chance to blog last night, because I was out at the movies with a lovely bunch of ladies. Out at a free movie. One of my cohorts was gifted with a whole bunch of passes to see "He's Just Not That Into You," and invited us along.

Now, let's be honest. I really wanted to see this movie. Here's why:

1. A great ensemble cast that includes several hot young actresses, which usually translates to cute outfits. I enjoy cute outfits.
2. I read the book many years ago (pre DP) and found it both witty and totally true.
3. I have a serious soft spot for romantic comedies, even if they look kind of crappy.

I wasn't planning on seeing it in the theatre, but rather renting it alone some night. (My Blockbuster records can never be released, lest people see my record of renting truly shitty movies.) But when an offer came up to see it not only for free, but also with a small gaggle of great women, I knew I could go public with my desire.

I wish I could say that I loved it. Instead I was both slightly entertained and mildly offended. (Are women really as awful as this movie paints us? Maybe subconsciously I know that I've acted as ridiculous as some of the female characters, so I'm automatically defensive.) Why are great romcoms so few and far between!?

Now if someone could please give me a free ticket to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic." But only if the free ticket comes with great company.

Spent yesterday: $7.44 (Some quick dinner before the movie.)
Spent today: $14.58 (My dry-cleaning)
Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1700

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your reaction to the movie was identical to mine.

Unknown said...

I fell asleep during the movie...not sure if it was because I hated it or because it was an 11pm showing.
That being said Confessions is GREAT! Worth the money-so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails