Thursday, December 4, 2008

Get the worst over with

Here's the bad news:

There are many things that I am feeling the need to spend money on. The first is a new computer. My four-year-old PC has suddenly slowed waaaaayyy down. I have to turn it on and walk away for a solid ten minutes before I can use it. And then it takes another minute or two to open a program after that. Frustrating. So I want a new one. A Mac. No more PC for me. And it needs to be a laptop.

I also really, really, really want laser eye surgery. After almost 20 years of wearing contact lenses every day, I'm done.

And, sadly, there's the chance that I might need to buy another cellphone. Mine has been missing for almost a week and I cannot figure out where it has gone.

Plus, my reckless credit card spending escalated faster than I noticed, so much of the money that I planned to put into my tax account this week will have to go to that instead.

I guess my financial situation continues to be tenuous at best.

The good news:

The universe gave me a sign today. When I walked in the front door at work this morning, there were three stacks of white packing crates up against one of the walls. I only just quickly glanced at them, but I immediately noticed that only one out of the 60 crates had writing on it. It said Sutherland.

Okay then. Tenuous as things may be, at least I'm in the right place.

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $0
Spent today: $11-ish
Weekly total: $109 (a wee bit over...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy! I noticed that crate too and I thought of you! (This is Sarah from work, by the way). Also, you should get laser eye surgery. You can pay in installments, with no interest if you pay off the balance in a year. You can do it, and it's totally worth it. TOTALLY. At least go in for a consultation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails