Friday, December 12, 2008

And the money kept rolling in from every side...

(10 points if you understand the title reference.)

Apparently now that I'm no longer in debt, I get to join the group of people on the winning team when the term "the rich get richer" is used. Or at least it has felt that way this week. Three different freelance cheques arrived in my mailbox, including the one that is three months late, and I found out that I'm getting a bonus at work. Oh, and don't forget the three paychecks in January.

I am feeling downright wealthy.

And that feeling of wealth has allowed me to practice a skill that I kept under wraps for most of this year: spending money.

You guys, I am SO good at it!

Besides the coat that I purchased earlier this week, there has been some holiday shopping. And today I went on a mission to find sweaters, since it is bloody cold outside and my sweater drawer is looking rather empty. Or was looking rather empty... until I added four new sweaters. (I know it sounds really bad, but three of them were on really good sales.) I also treated the DP to dinner tonight, which is not something I get to do very often. He's a cheap date, so it wasn't a huge splurge.

However, things are still in good shape. The sweaters were all bought with actual money, the credit card is empty and I got to add some more to my tax fund. It's going to be okay.

But since I'm not going to be blogging quite as regularly until the new year, I'm not going to post my daily or weekly expenditures. I'm going to concentrate on the big goals. And it's my blog so I can do that if I want to!

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1045

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evita!

Tammy said...

And that's 10 points to Martine! Well played.
Hey, we were pretty lucky that we didn't have to sing very much ALW on the ship, eh?

Anonymous said...

It's Monday... And I'm in debt! Could anyone be more depressed?

Anonymous said...

**********************
Win Cash on my blog. Click here.

$10,000+ Cash Prizes
**********************
http://cashprizesonline.blogspot.com

-No Email Required
-UNLIMITED ENTRIES
-100% FREE
-ABSOLUTELY NO DOWNLOADS!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails