Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturdays are swell

I just had a fantastic Saturday. One of those days that turn out to be the perfect blend of accomplishments and leisure time, you know? It started with a BIG run, which I did with a good friend. It was the first time we'd run together and the first time in way too long that I'd run with someone. I forgot how much I enjoy it! Hopefully we will find time to run together again.

Then I came home and flopped on the couch to work on some freelancing stuff. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy having a laptop? I wish I could do all of my full-time job work while reclining on my couch.

The afternoon involved some episodes of Lost, which the Fiancé and I have just started watching, and some kitchen cleaning. (He did the laundry. How I love him!)

Around 5 P.M. we headed out for a walk. We saw tons of peonies in bloom!





Then we stopped and sat in the open window of Quince for some dinner. We shared this poutine-type appetizer:



And then a truly fantastic pork chop with raisin chutney:


And then we headed to the movies and saw Up.

Have you seen this movie? If not, you should.

It was charming and funny and poignant. It totally got to me. There were tears and I still feel like I could sit down and cry a bit right now. In fact, even going out after the movie to have inappropriately large desserts brought tears to my eyes. Pixar does such a good job of entertaining kids and still giving the adults a meaningful experience.

Speaking of meaningful experiences:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails