Monday, June 8, 2009

It's the Five Month Countdown

(Please sing the title of this posting to the tune of "The Final Countdown" and then make the duh duh duh duuuuh duh duh duh duh duuuuh sounds.)

Remember me!? I know, I know. I went awol again from the blogging world. But that's only because I've been getting stuff done rather than blogging about all the stuff I have to do. I think you would prefer that in the long run. Plus, I've haven't been engaged long enough to grow tired of the sparkly thing on my left hand, so I do have to devote a certain amount of time each and every day to gazing at it with just the right mixture of awe and giddiness. You understand.

As the title suggests, the BIG DAY is five months away from today. And I have been one busy bride-to-be. Here's a little list of things that have been accomplished:

- Booked a venue
- Picked a date
- Bought a dress
- Booked an officiant
- Booked a photographer (Check out his site. Not only are his pictures fantastic, but he was so incredibly nice when we met with him.)
- Got my mom to agree to bake us a cake (What a good mom!)
- Roped a friend into helping with the flowers (That's what friends are for, right?)

Next up is some save-the-dates and then it's time to worry about actual invitations. Plus we need to register and start working on some little projects that we're hoping will make the wedding memorable.

It's a crazy, wonderful time.

But, in the middle of all the crazy wonderfulness, I had to take some time out for my favourite night of the year: The Tony Awards! They were on last night and they were great, even though someone at CBS surely got fired over the awful, awful sound issues they were having.

This was the best part for me:



Last time I saw this number performed by these people was ten minutes before the DP asked me to marry him. Now that's a good memory!

2 comments:

Crissy Calhoun said...

beautiful venue, Lady!

Tammy said...

Thanks C! We're pretty happy with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails