Sunday, December 6, 2009

Left to my own devices

I may have inadvertently spent too much time alone this weekend. Not on purpose, but the Husband headed out of town and I had enough stuff to do that I didn't make any plans. I expected him home this evening and planned to bombard him with all of my need for human interaction. Alas, snow squalls up in Owen Sound mean he's going to sit tight until tomorrow morning. So the solitude continues.

Thank goodness for my blog!

Okay, so the big excitement of the weekend was the first batch of professional wedding photos! So far we only have the online web gallery, so I can't post any of the pics here. But you can see them all yourself if you click here and then use the password: Archeos.

I have LOTS of favourites! And I kind of wish I could turn 072 into a mask to just wear around when I'm having an off day. Tell me which ones are your favourites!

The crazy part is that we'll be getting EVEN MORE in a couple of weeks, when we get all the digital files and our proof book. Can't wait! I'll be sure to post some then.

I did a fair bit of movie viewing over the weekend, including this one:



I watched it while I was doing the Christmas baking, because I wanted something festive. I didn't expect much, but I was entertained! Although, I have this vague recollection that there were reports that Vince and Reese didn't get along during filming, so I couldn't help but look for cracks in their performances.

In order to bring some artistry to the weekend, I finally watched this:



Marion deserved that Oscar, I tell you! An incredible performance. But what a seriously sad life that poor Edith Piaf had. I felt a little guilty getting entertainment out of her pain.

I also became one of the zillions of people to see this:



I'm still completely on the fence about this whole phenomenon. Maybe I'm just too old? Although, I generally love all things produced for tween and teen girls. I also really enjoy Amanda Bynes, which is why I was so disturbed to see this:



She used to be cute and funny. Now she just looks cheap and slutty. Poor Amanda!

Anyway, in addition to a variety of chores, some exercise and a flexing of my creative muscles, I also ate more of the baking than I intended to and made this fantastic soup. All in all, a pretty good December weekend! But next weekend will definitely involve other people!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails