Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday bits and bobs

Phew! I finally buckled down tonight and finished all the cards. By the way, if you were at the wedding, you're getting a hybrid holiday/thank you card. Hope that's okay! There was just no way I could conceive of doing thank you cards AND holiday cards for everybody.

Speaking of cards, check out this charming holiday stationary:





These holiday options come from Rifle Paper Co. They also make personalized calling cards with a little illustration of your face. I'm putting those on my wish list for Santa. (By the way, most of my own Christmas cards came from Zellers. I got them on sale at the end of last December...)

Another fun thing that I found on my blog rounds are these clever cheat sheets for gift buyers:



How cute, eh!? You know, when I worked at La Senza while I was in high school, a man once came in with a wallet-sized version of something like this, with all of his wife's sizes on it. I have never forgotten that smart man! Oh check out Made in England by Gentlemen to download your own cheat sheets. (The Husband did note that the boy's cheat sheet should include things like what size of TV he would like and electronic things like that. Little does he know that I'm totally buying him a sweater!)

One more thing for all of you looking for an adorable, homemade, Canadian gift for someone special (or your special self):



My super-talented, crazy-smart, beautiful friend makes, names and sells these little bunnies at craft shows around Toronto. Check out her blog to find out when and where. If you think these are awesome, wait until you see the rest of her stuff!

And now I'm going to do some household tidying to prepare for the soon-to-be temporary addition to our little home: our Christmas tree! Luckily a little lot selling trees has sprung up less than 100 metres from our front door, so we won't even have to vacuum pine needles out of the back of the car. Stay tuned for a post with pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, of all of the bunnies in the Bunnuska collection, I think I'm in love with Ludmilla... The one with the scarf around her head. I can't stand it, she's so CUTE!!!

Unknown said...

Ha ha, I love the TV size suggestion :) Will include it on next years!

Related Posts with Thumbnails