Saturday, December 19, 2009

You've got to have friends

At one point, about a week before the wedding as we were finalizing the seating chart, we realized how incredibly talented all of our friends are. The small crowd at our nuptials included writers (both of books, television shows and movies), editors (book and magazine), actors, singers, directors, visual artists, interior designers, seamstresses, poets, aerospace engineers, carpenters, producers, photographers, teachers, gardeners, musicians and more. In fact, we came to the conclusion that we were probably the least interesting people at our own wedding!

But it's probably good to surround yourself with talented people, right? Keeps you motivated to be the best that you can be.

Anyway, I bring this up because last night we went to see this guest in The Messiah. She was the soprano soloist in a gorgeous burgundy gown and the whole show came alive when she stepped up to sing. I have known her since I was 15 and she was a gorgeous 14-year-old. (At 15, I was not so gorgeous...) We both wore overalls a lot and her talent, even then, blew us all out of the water. I get SO proud when I watch her perform. (Well, I'm pretty crazy proud of all of my talented friends' accomplishments!) Want an idea of how good she is? Watch this:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails