Monday, December 21, 2009

Aaaaaaaannnnnnd....Action!



Here's the thing - I didn't even want a wedding video. I'm not sure why, exactly. Maybe I was imagining a big old camera and a boom mic? Maybe I was just in cost-cutting mode. But when the Husband's good friend offered to record the day on his digital dvd cam (he's in the film business) at the last minute, I said, "Why not!?" Still, I didn't think to much about it and it wasn't really on my radar.

Until all the pomp and circumstance (and laughter) of the day was done and then I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, so I could relive every moment from a different point of view.

Well, the Husband finally got it last night and we watched it over dinner and beyond. Not only do we have the whole ceremony - including the amazing speeches that were included within - but we also got all of the rest of the speeches from the night. And we were both almost in tears while watching, both from the overwhelming emotions of that night and from laughing at our crazy friends (who were totally making fun of us).

THANK GOODNESS for good friends who have hindsight on their side and know that those are moments you're going to want to keep for a long, long time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails