Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Wedding - Part Two

The morning of November 8th arrived and it was sunny and unbelievably warm. The high for the day ended up being 18 degrees. It wasn't even best case scenario, it was MIRACLE scenario! Considering the stretch of cold, grey, rainy weather that we had a few weeks before the wedding, I was ready for the worst. But now I owe Mother Nature so much. I'm not allowed to complain about the weather for the next two years, AT LEAST!

Anyway, my Best Woman and I were up bright and early after a solid 8 hours of sleep. (Gravol was my friend the night before! Best idea ever.) We hung out all morning in our hotel robes and then popped open some champagne for mimosas when my mom arrived just prior to the hair and makeup artists. Here we are enjoying our drinks:



And the close-up. Can you believe this woman has two children AND is doing her Masters part-time, while also working part-time!? Plus she looks gorgeous before the professionals even get a hold of her.



Oh, and the Fiancé (now Husband!) and I also exchanged gifts! I don't know if this is a regular practice among people, but it became normal to me one long winter in my early 20s when I was unemployed, recently single and addicted to watching "The Wedding Story" on TLC. (My old roommates will groan in remembrance if they read this. It was a dark time...) Anyway, I had hidden his present at home, so I sent him an email to let him know where to look, and my Best Woman had my present. Here's what I got for him:



They are one-of-a-kind cuff links made by jewellery designer Anne Holman. I chose two different locations for them: Owen Sound, which is where he's from, and New York City, which is where he proposed and, therefore, where our future began.

I also made a book on iPhoto, full of pictures of our adventures and everyday life together.



Instead of captions, I used the English translation of the lyrics to "La Vie en Rose," which is what played while I walked down the aisle. (Apparently he got a little chocked up looking at this!)



Any my gift from him:



This is also one-of-a-kind. It's an incredible paper cut made by a U.K. artist named Julene Harrison. He had it made with one of my favourite music theatre quotes, from a show called "Sunday in the Park with George." It's a good reminder to live in each moment.

Here's a close-up shot of one of the details, which is taken from the show itself. Judging from all the little extras within the piece, the artist took her time researching the show before creating this.



I think it's a good sign that we both bought each other gifts that will never be duplicated. It's symbolic of the one-of-a-kind nature of our love. (Awful and cheesy, I know! But I'm sort of on my unofficial honeymoon at the moment, so cut me some slack!)

Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails