Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Wedding - Part Six

I'm taking a big step backward in my wedding blogging, but I never promised to be linear! Besides, this early detail is still one of my favourite parts. Our invitations really set the mood for the entire event. Now, I can't take very much credit for these! First there was the original inspiration. Awesome, right!? And then my then Fiancé and I wrote up our own story and turned it over to a colleague of mine who designed and tweaked and perfected our masterpieces:



(If you want to make it bigger, so you can read it easier, just click on the photo.)

You know, originally I vowed that I would have a small, uncomplicated wedding. And the first thing on my uncomplicated list was to order some simple invitations on the internet. We even picked some out (the one called Swept Away). But then I saw the inspiration on one of the many blogs that I read. And it was so US! (Even though it was about other people...) And suddenly I really wanted to complicate things by having someone design it and finding paper and figuring out how to print them. Like many of the little details of the day, it took way more time than it should have, but in hindsight, I could not be happier about the result.

1 comment:

sweetpea said...

there are some things worth complicating and that was one of them. You deserved to have everything reflect the uniqueness of you, and those invites were PERFECT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails