Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Wedding - Part Three

So once we were all beautified, our incredible photographers arrived and there was a three hour photo shoot first with my Best Woman and I, then with my Groom and the Best Man. (Yes, we saw each other before the ceremony. I am not superstitious and preferred being able to leisurely take pics rather than worrying that my guests are totally bored during lag time between the ceremony and the reception.) It was tons of fun and I CAN'T WAIT to share all the pics with all of you, but wait I must. Patience is apparently a virtue!

For now, we will proceed with the story, pilfering from photos taken by a few great friends and family members.

The Best Man and my Groom were the first to walk down the aisle, followed closely by our gorgeous ring-bearer and flower girl.





These are my Best Woman's amazing kids and they were so, so, SO good all night.

Of course, my Best Woman followed them and then I arrived with my Mom and Dad on either side of me.



And then the ceremony began. There are many ceremony pics, but I've chosen just two. I like the first one, because you can see some of the joy and also our excellent accordion player! She gave the event the hint of uniqueness that I wanted. Also, I LOVE accordions!



The ceremony was a bit unconventional, to say the least. While we did have our fantastic officiant for all the official, legal stuff, we also included friends, so that it really felt like it was OUR ceremony. Therefore, we had one friend on each side ask us scripted questions, such as "Do you promise to love her, even if her nickname of Lordy Lorderson is frequently earned, if not entirely accurate?" and "Do you promise to love him, even though he may from hereon in refer to his wedding ring as 'The one ring to rule them all?'" You can imagine the laughter! In addition, we had one friend on either side write something they wanted to present during the ceremony, which we didn't hear until the day. One talented friend wrote a literary montage of our relationship, in which she managed to include all the song titles from "Guys and Dolls." Clever girl. And another talented friend told the story of my Groom emailing him in Tokyo and including my online profile. The friend emailed back that he had a feeling about me and suggested that my Groom respond and make a mention of "Family Ties," in the response, since I mentioned it in my profile. At the end of the story, our friend recited the lyrics to the "Family Ties" theme song.



Without Us by Jeff Barry and Tom Scott - Family Ties Lyrics

I bet we been together for a million years,
And I bet we'll be together for a million more.

Oh, It's like I started breathing on the night we kissed,
And I can't remember what I ever did before.

What would we do baby, Without Us?
What would we do baby, Without Us?

And there ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.

What would we do baby, Without Us?

Sha la la la. (The whole crowd spontaneously sang the "Sha la la la" at the end. It was awesome.)

Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails