Friday, November 13, 2009

The Wedding - Part One

After months of planning and waiting and worrying and anticipating, it was finally time for our big day. I tell you, I don't know how people manage being engaged for really long periods of time! Our entire engagement was just over six months long and I'm not sure I could have handled waiting any longer. I was more than ready to not only be married, but also to be finished the planning. It's truly like having a second job! No wonder people hire planners.

But this was almost a D.I.Y. wedding. I say almost, because in the end we did have a whole team of people to help us pull it off. Officially our wedding party only consisted of a Best Man and a Best Woman, but our unofficial wedding party was this amazing group of people pictured here (minus a couple who weren't available for this planning meeting the night before the big day). We owe them all so, so much.



So we all met and I had handouts and floorplans for each of them. They made fun of me mercilessly, but with lots of love.



This is a pic of what my old roommate affectionately (?) calls "crazy eyes." Doesn't my HUSBAND (still Fiancé in this pic) look thrilled? I admit that I may have been a tad bit focused, shall we say, at this point in the game.



And then, while the Fiancé and I headed off for dinner with our families and Best People, my dear friend went home to his house, which was filled with flowers he'd purchased for the wedding. He turned all of this:



Into this:



So, so beautiful. Stay tuned for Part Two...

**Special thanks to Mer for the pictures!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails