Thursday, March 3, 2011

In her own little corner

We moved into our first home at the end of October, when I was already very pregnant and not really motivated to do anything.

Except maybe bake cookies.

So I could eat them.

But I did experience some of the nesting instinct that they promise will propel you as you head for the finish line. I channelled all of it into the nursery. So, while the rest of our house remains in that sad transition state of having stuff in roughly the right place, but none of the finishing touches added, Vivi's room looks pretty good.



It's hard to tell from the photos, but the walls are a nice soft gray. The animal prints are by Sharon Montrose.


That's the Gryffindor scarf I got at the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter when I was a couple months pregnant.


The change station. (You can tell who was getting a little tired with my photo shoot...) The Husband picked up the picture at the Fan Expo here in town last year. It's called "Grow" and the artist wrote a little message to our unborn child on the back. We had it framed so you can still turn it over and read the note.

The Husband also bought the poppy wall decals, this time as a Valentine's Day present for Vivi. Even though her official moniker is the name of a different flower, when I was pregnant we referred to the baby as Poppy. It came from one of those emails that tell you how big the fetus is. The first one said she was the size of a poppyseed, so Poppy stuck. She loves to look at them when we change her. We need to also add something for her to gaze at on the underside of the shelf. Any suggestions?


Our amazing "Star Wars" figures were a major labour of love by one of our dearest friends and her family. (The friend that was here to take me to the hospital when my water broke and the Husband was out of town!) They're also one-of-a-kind treasures, so we put them up nice and high. Vivi will only be allowed to admire them for many, many years to come.

The shelf that they're on was a gift from the Husband's mom to him several years ago. It's such a perfect little perch for a children's room. And the lovely sentiment on the wall was a gfit from my mom to Vivi when I first announced my pregnancy.


Two more gifts from the Husband's mom. The lamp turns as it warms up and we can watch the geese fly.


Our good friend Nipples the Cat! Also a piggy bank from her auntie on the Husband's side (There's money in there!) and some awesome books for future reading from the great women in my little book club.

And speaking of books...




We've been lucky to receive all sorts of great books for Violet, both new and secondhand. The best part is that she will already sit and look at them with me! I hope this is a sign that she'll love them as much as both the Husband and I do. (Although I'm not sure how many more books our home can hold!)


More wonderful gifts! The cute rubber ducky doubles as a bath water thermometer and the vintage blocks were a thrift store find from a lady with a discerning eye.


Just a few of Violet's growing shoe collection! She is a girl, after all. Funny thing is, I cannot get any of them to actually stay on her feet yet, so she's never worn them out of the house. I don't want to lose one and break up a set!

And every nursery needs a big comfy chair for reading and rocking.

The pillow was a gift I gave the Husband a couple years ago. I'm not sure it will stay in here once we get the office put together, but it works for now. And the adorable little doll is another fantastic gift from a far away friend.


I get the feeling that Vivi likes her little space!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Can't wait to see it all in PERSON next week!! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails