Monday, March 21, 2011

Almost great weekend

I spent the last week suffering with a nasty spring cold. Runny nose, runny eyes, sore throat, lots of congestion. All around blech. But by Friday I was starting to feel like myself again. So we got in some family fun time!

First, a trip to Canada Blooms.


Vivi acts like her car seat is a torture chamber, so until the car lulls her to sleep, this is as happy as she looks.


She was much more content to look around at all the action.


Until she wasn't. (These lovely girls were promoting a new Cirque du Soleil show.)


Daddy and his Violet with more violets!

I was so exhausted by the end of the evening, particularly since my symptoms would always worsen when the sun went down!

Saturday we ventured north of the city to see my surrogate Toronto family.




Vivi was a little doll for them, thank goodness!

And Sunday we took a family walk to do some brunching:




All in all, a nearly perfect weekend. Why not perfect? Well, I had to miss a dear friend's birthday party, because the Husband already had plans that included the car. (Stroller + transit = logistical nightmare!) Plus we ended the weekend with a screaming baby who was suffering from gas. Hours of screaming only fixed if I nursed her to sleep and then held her the entire time.


She's still wearing cranky pants today, refusing to nap despite her obvious exhaustion. I've typed this entire post with one hand while nursing her into submission!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails