Monday, August 9, 2010

20 week scan

It was the fastest 45 minutes of my life and here's the result:


Our little baby has ten fingers, ten toes and was apparently a little bored by all the attention, because he/she yawned for us. Twice.

The tiny little vertebra took my breath away, but what really got to me - what made me shed a little tear - was the heart. We could clearly see the four little chambers all working hard and beating like a champion. I couldn't help but think that this is the little heart that is going to love us first, but it's also the heart that we won't always be able to protect.

After I wiped all the gel off my belly (although I found a little hiding in my belly button tonight), we had to sit around for a half hour waiting for the doctor to look at the scans. But it was worth it when they handed us a sheet covered with my favourite new word: Normal.

Who knew how good that word could be!? (Although, to be honest, I was hoping for at least one "fantastic" or even a "really good." I mean, the baby's femurs looked excellent to us! And the humerus - top notch!!)

I won't know more until my follow up appointment on Thursday, but for now we are ecstatic.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails