Friday, July 16, 2010

The last of the San Francisco, finally!

Get this - I am home, enjoying the gentle roar of the air conditioner, with nothing to do. Did you catch that last part? NOTHING TO DO!

Of course, that's not really true. There are always things to do, because the dishwasher won't unload itself. But nothing absolutely pressing that must be done right at this very moment. Meaning I can hang out for a bit, which I really feel like I need.

It also means I can finally upload a few last pics of San Francisco! These are from my day of neighbourhood tours. Meaning the day that I walked WAY too much. They are also mostly about real estate envy.

This first one was in my guidebook and it did not disappoint:


What did disappoint was the fact that there are tours through this amazing house, but I was there on the wrong day! Oh to almost be able to actually look inside one of these fantastic structures only to be thwarted at the last minute! Sigh. Moving on.

Okay, this is not a good photo (I didn't have the good camera that morning), but my guidebook informed me that this is where romance novelist Danielle Steel lives:


Not too bad, right? She must be selling at least a few books. (Oh, something else I could be doing: Writing bestselling novels to help aid in our house hunt!!)

Speaking of house hunting, here's one for sale:


Mmmmm... wonder if it's in our budget? Maybe if we lived just on the porch!

Can't resist a pretty red door:



Imagine what the room at the top of the turret would be like in this one:



And no wonder I was so tired. Look at how steep these hills are:



However, the reward for climbing these crazy inclines is the view at the top:



And when I needed a little extra reward, I knew where to find it:



Thank you San Francisco! You were so good to me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails