Monday, April 20, 2009

The old man is snoring

I am so glad that I spent a ton of time outside on Saturday, soaking up the spring sunshine as I traversed from one end of this city to the other. I even got my share of vitamin D on Sunday, walking to meet good friends for brunch and then searching for a pair of cute, cushy sneakers for our trip this weekend. (Still looking...) Because if I hadn't enjoyed the sunshine while it was here, I would have been even grumpier about the cold, rainy, windy day today. I know, it's good for the grass blah blah blah. But I do not own a pair of waterproof shoes, so inevitably I end up with soggy feet and that musty smell that accompanies them.

Apparently I'm still grumpy. Did I mention that I also had a dentist's appointment this afternoon? Plus, the bottle of wine that the DP and I opened to go with dinner is kind of skunky.

GRUMPY!

Maybe I'm just anxious for Friday to come... (And for the NYC forecast to take a turn for the better.)

1 comment:

bs said...

Just think ahead to the vacation. We recently came across (while at our favourite Italian restaraunt in Qualicum Beach) a unique item that enables you to aerate your red wine as you pour it. Gets the flat taste out almost instantly. It is call a Vinturi Wine Aerator. You can pick it up at a wine store normally. Not cheap but sure works.

Related Posts with Thumbnails