Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Remembering what's important

There has been plenty of sad and tragic news around these parts lately. Reminders about the fragility of life and how we're all just borrowing a bit of time on this earth. Money starts to mean less, especially compared to what others are losing.

But this is a blog about my debt.

A debt that seems both insignificant in these moments and also more overwhelming than ever. Because it is preventing me from moving forward with my life. My short life is being made even shorter by the $10,000 albatross on my back.

And my vain desires for new things - clothes, shoes, books, purses, magazines - seem petty and ridiculous when held up against the things I truly desire - a family, a house, a fulfilling life.

But I will get there. I am on my way. And I thank you all for your help in this journey.

Total debt: $10,500 plus a bit more
Spent today: $5.49 (Groceries)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails