Friday, April 15, 2011

A little bit of me and a whole lot of you

Before Vivi was born, we would spend a lot of time ruminating on how our genes would combine. Would she have the Husband's blue eyes? My perfect lips*? His long legs? My squared-off toes? Now that she's growing into herself**, everyone wants to weigh in on who she more closely resembles.

I thought I'd post some baby photos of each of us, so the blogosphere could weigh-in. Me first:



(Could my brother be any cuter? And my dad was soooo skinny!)



And here's the Husband in his younger years:






I have to say, I think the Husband wins. Hands down. Luckily I think he's damn cute.

*In 1997 a makeup artist told me my lips were perfect. I chose to believe her.

**It's totally true that parents think their baby is the cutest one, regardless of whether or not that is true. We never thought Vivi had that alien-esque newborn look. However, looking back at pictures now, she was pretty squishy and weird looking. In the BEST possible way.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh wow -- Jamie all the way! But that last pic of you dressed in white stopped me in my tracks--you haven't aged a bit!!

Arlene said...

She has your little nose and your dark curly hair, but the rest of her REALLY looks like Jamie!!

Erin B said...

She looks like Jamie, with the spirit of you shining through!

Related Posts with Thumbnails