Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Busybusybusybusybusy

Okay, SO much going on in my life right now! In addition to a constantly overflowing (and still growing) inbox at work (along with all my colleagues), we almost bought a house this week. Twice.

We thought we'd found the place on Friday morning before heading out of town for the weekend. We told our agent and called our mortgage broker. Then we had a few days to think about it. And worry about it. And I woke up in the wee hours of Sunday morning and was unbelievably stressed. I had to wake up the Husband and talk to him about it and then I still laid awake until dawn.

So instead of putting in an offer last night, which had been the plan, we went to see another house. It was charming, in an amazing location, but teeny tiny with no parking. Then we went back to the other house. And we saw all the potential again. We told the agent (a different one, since ours is on vacation this week) that we'd put in an offer today.

I didn't sleep very much last night, either, but out of excitement this time. I mean, buying a first home is super exciting!!

This morning in our email, there was another house. A good looking one, closer to a more desirable area of the neighbourhood. We emailed the agent and asked if we could see that one first, before we put in an offer on the other. She set it up and we met at the new house this afternoon.

I really like it. The husband - not so much. Although we could both see the benefits of this one over the other one, his gut feeling just wasn't there. BUT the things that I loved about this one - particularly an open concept on the main floor and the proximity to more amenities (which is the whole reason to live in the city) finally convinced me that the OTHER one isn't the one.

So, after many lost hours of sleep and some serious stress, the search continues...

After all, we have to find a first home for the ever growing kiddie. This is last week's 18 weeks shot:

2 comments:

Anneke said...

You are glowing!

Tammy said...

Thanks! I suspect it might be sweat... ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails