Thursday, March 12, 2009

Books + Booze = Fun!

I met with my new book club tonight and we had a great time! None of us really loved the book. Well, one person loved the book when she read it years ago, but didn't appreciate it quite as much this time around. I was telling them how the only regret I have about going to college (twice) rather than university was that I didn't get to sit in huge lecture halls with hundreds of other people discussing literature. They all made me feel better by saying that just a few of us in a pub with alcohol on hand is far more fun. I'll have to take their word for it.

I got to pick the next book, so I chose this one. I bought it before our trip out west, but never got around to reading it. I hope they enjoy it! Has anyone read it?

Okay, weekly wrap-up.

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1900
(I really need to DO my taxes, so I know if I have enough or too much... Hopefully too much!!)
Spent yesterday: $1.05
Spent today: $22
Weekly total: $109.93 (Plus some credit card action. Yikes!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it and quite liked it, although it was a bit uneven in parts. I really enjoyed being immersed in that world - the North, the radio station, etc. I'm also in a book club through work, we're reading a book called The Thirteenth Tale right now. Enjoy!

sweetpea said...

I read it a while back and agree that it is a bit uneven. But I found it to be very character driven which is something that I like... I like to feel like I'm reading to get to know people rather than reading to learn how events unfolded. Also, the politics of the pipe line in the north was not something I knew much about and visiting that from a fictional perspective was interesting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails