Monday, February 9, 2009

Starting to feel normal again

Sorry I flaked out as far as blogging this weekend. I was both too busy and too exhausted. Apparently jet lag and I do not mix well. I managed to drag myself through the week just barely, so Friday night I was comatose on the couch all evening. Saturday I managed to sleep in and do a little workout, which meant I was perky for the wedding I attended that evening, but then I was out late and up early on Sunday for a wedding shower, leaving me completely done by last night.

But then I turned off the TV early (the Grammys make me feel old and out of touch, for the most part) and settled in with some magazines in order to wind down. By 9:30 p.m. I had unplugged the phone and crawled in to bed. I had high hopes of hitting the gym first thing this morning, but I managed to screw up setting the alarm on my phone, so it was a full good night of sleep. Heavenly!

As promised, the budget is back! And I'm already going over it... You see, I still had $45 in my wallet on Friday, when I added my $100 for the week. And instead of cutting down my weekly budget by $45, I kept it, because I knew I would need to take cabs to and from the wedding on Saturday night. (The DP was out of town, picking up the cat who has been on holiday up north with the DP's mom for three weeks now.) Plus I have several cards to buy for upcoming events. So here's how it has panned out thus far:

Spent Friday: $45 (groceries)
Spent Saturday: $39-ish (Cabs and nylons)
Spent Sunday: $0
Spent today: $0

But here's some good news:

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1400 (Yay! But this is taking me forever...)

I'm heading to my first training session tonight, so I'll fill you all in tomorrow. I hope it's worth it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails