Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A hodge podge, if you will

I did something I wasn't expecting to do tonight - I paid off my student loans. Again.

See, I've been meaning to take a trip in to a bank so I can close that account now that the balance is at zero, but things have been very busy. 'Tis the season to be busy, right? Anyway, since the account is still active, I clicked through online just to enjoy the sight of the big fat zero.

Instead my balance read $5.57.

AAARRRGH!!! Damn interest. Damn end of the month interest.

No worries, though. I paid them their $5.57 and I'm once again in the clear. Phew! That was close.

Sorry I missed posting last night, but I was out at the SYTYCD Canada taping. It was fun but sooooooo long. Almost three hours of sitting without access to food, water or lip balm. I didn't mind my hunger for the first two hours, because I was busy looking at all the dancers bodies and trying to figure out how I could get mine to look like theirs. I concluded that I'd have to not only give up pretty much all of my favourite (read: sugary) foods, but I'd also have to quit my job so I could exercise all day. Every day. For the rest of my life. When I realized that wasn't going to be my fate, I just desperately wanted a sandwich.

Thanks to the DP, we did get to stroll around backstage after the show. Jean-Marc Genereux kissed me on both cheeks and Tre complimented my belt. I felt special.

In other news, there was lots to gossip about around the office today, because Rogers laid off a whole bunch of people in their publishing sector. No final number has been confirmed, but someone who works there said 45! They lost five at Macleans alone! Can I just say that my chair felt cozy and comfy. And everything on my to-do list took on new meaning: I have a job! Let's hope it stays that way.

On that note, I need to finish some freelancing before I retire for the evening. Sweet dreams everyone!

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $0
Spent yesterday: $0
Spent today: $13-ish (Stamps for holiday cards!)

1 comment:

Paronomaniac said...

We had a meeting at Rogers today and the total was 40 people laid off in Media and, according to the papers, 24 at the Blue Jays' front office.

But I'm still there! Phew!

Related Posts with Thumbnails